Cookbook Literacy Project
Joplin NALA Read is publishing a kitchen reader featuring recipes and stories from our learners, tutors, staff, and friends. Writing recipes helps learners in a lot of areas:
- Food related vocabulary
- Giving instructions
- Discussing ideas
- Having a meal together
The goals of NALA's Cookbook Literacy project are to:
- Compile and publish a kitchen reader of recipes and stories
- Help students to use their reading, writing, and vocabulary skills to give instructions
- Learn about the wide variety of people who utilize NALA's services through their recipes and stories
- Give students a sense of pride in seeing their work in print
- Provide a means by which to share the impact of Joplin NALA Read with the community
- To raise funds to grow and improve our programs
Buy a Joplin NALA Kitchen Reader
1 for $15
or 2 for $20
All printing costs for the 2015 Kitchen Readers have been underwritten by a generous grant from the Bramlage Family Foundation. 100% of all sales of the Kitchen Readers go directly to support Joplin NALA Read Programs.
Your generosity enables the hard working adult learners in our community to meet their literacy goals.
Give a hand up -- help someone learn to read.